Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Momma and her babies..

Yesterday when returning home from giving Nana a ride to work I saw a Momma quail struggle getting her many little babies across  Roadrunner which is a very busy road.  I slowed down and watched as she scrambled to get about a dozen babies together.  The passing cars were blowing them all over the road and the Momma looked panicked.  I pulled on a side street where I could still see the car and ran over where Momma had made it to the other side but now the babies could not get over the curb.  A city worker saw what I was doing, he put on his vest and made sure traffic saw us and moved over while we helped the babies up the curb.  Momma ran off when she saw us but I could hear her calling her babies.  I hope that by touching them I didn't cause another problem and that all the babies found their way back to Momma. This made me think about my little babies and the panic and worry I will face for pretty much the rest of my life.  With all of the love and joy that fills me everyday, there is also a constant worry.  Are they okay?  Am I doing what is best for them?  Like the Momma quail today, I'm sure there are going to be moments that I feel helpless and panicked.  These are the things that I don't think you are really able to prepare yourself for until you have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment